Email marketing is one of the most powerful tools that a digital marketer has at their disposal. But how effective is it? In this post, we’re going to be looking at some of the most shocking email marketing statistics out there. You’ll be surprised at how powerful email marketing can be.
1. Email marketing has an ROI of 122%, which is 4x higher than any other digital marketing channel. (Source: The Direct Marketing Association)
2. Email is still the preferred method of communication for consumers, with 61% of consumers preferring to be contacted by businesses via email. (Source: Statista)
3. The average order value of an email marketing campaign is $143. (Source: DMA)
4. Email marketing generates $38 for every $1 spent. (Source: Campaign Monitor)
5. Email marketing has an open rate of 20.81%, a click-through rate of 2.94%, and a conversion rate of 0.119%. (Source: Wordstream)
6. 59% of consumers say marketing emails influence their purchase decisions. (Source: DMA)
7. Email marketing drives more conversions than any other marketing channel, with a conversion rate of 3.57%. (Source: DMA)
8. 78% of consumers say they are more likely to make a purchase from a brand that they have received email communications from.
9. Email is still the best way to reach your customers.
10. The average order value of an email is 158% higher than that of a social media referral.
11.Email marketing drives more conversions than any other marketing channel, including search and social.
12.Email is 40 times more effective at acquiring new customers than Facebook and Twitter combined.
13.Email marketing is more effective at driving sales than any other marketing channel, including search, social, and display advertising.
14.Email open rates have increased by 180% in the last four years.
15.The average click-through rate for email marketing is between 2-5%. (Source: OptinMonster)