The main difference between BS3 and BS4 engines is the emissions control. BS3 engines adhere to the Bharat Stage III (BS3) emissions regulations, which are more lenient than the Bharat Stage IV (BS4) emissions regulations. BS4 engines are more fuel efficient and emit fewer pollutants than BS3 engines. BS4 engines also use a catalytic converter to reduce the emission of nitrogen oxides and a particulate filter to reduce the emission of particulate matter.
How do I know if my engine is BS3 or BS4?
The easiest way to determine whether your engine is BS3 or BS4 is to consult your vehicle’s owner’s manual or contact the manufacturer directly. The manual should specify which emission standard applies to your engine, or the manufacturer can provide you with the information.
What is BS3 engine
BS3 engine is an engine made by British automotive manufacturer Ford. It is a 2.0-litre, four-cylinder engine that is found in various models of the Ford Fiesta, Ford Focus, and Ford C-Max. It produces 120 hp and produces maximum torque of 112 lb-ft. It is a very fuel efficient engine and is known for its reliability.
Advantage of BS3 engine
- Improved Fuel Efficiency: The BS3 engine is more fuel-efficient than earlier engines as it is equipped with advanced technologies like electronic fuel injection, electronic idle speed control, and a variable intake manifold. This helps it to reduce fuel consumption and emissions, which makes it a more eco-friendly and cost-effective option.
- Low Emission Levels: The BS3 engine emits fewer pollutants, making it a better option for the environment. It meets the BS-III emission standards, which are stricter than earlier emission standards.
- Better Performance: The BS3 engine delivers better performance than earlier engines. The advanced technologies used in this engine, allow it to produce more power while consuming less fuel. This results in improved acceleration and higher top speed.
- Durable: The BS3 engine is more durable than earlier engines as it is made from high-quality materials. This means that it can last longer and provide better performance for a longer time.
- Affordable: The BS3 engine is more affordable than earlier engines, making it a better option for those who are on a budget.
Disadvantage of BS3 engine
- Poor fuel economy: The BS3 engine does not have the most efficient fuel economy, as it is an older model engine.
- Noisy: The BS3 engine is known for its noise due to its design.
- Not very powerful: The BS3 engine is not as powerful as more modern engine models, which can make it difficult to operate at higher speeds.
- Poor emissions: The BS3 engine produces more emissions than more modern engine models, which can have a negative impact on the environment.
What is BS4 engine
BS4 engine is a type of engine technology used in vehicles in India. It is a Bharat Stage IV (BS4) compliant engine, which is a set of standards set by the government of India to reduce air pollution. The BS4 engine is an upgraded version of the Bharat Stage III (BS3) engine and is designed to reduce emissions of nitrogen oxides, hydrocarbons, carbon monoxide, and particulate matter.
Advantage of BS4 engine
The BS4 engine offers a number of advantages for vehicles. These include improved fuel economy, lower emissions, better power output, and a more refined engine sound. Additionally, the BS4 engine is more responsive and efficient, which helps improve the overall driving experience.
Disadvantage of BS4 engine
The main disadvantage of a vehicle with a BS4 engine is that it produces higher levels of pollutants than the newer BS6 engine. This is because the BS4 engine does not have advanced emission control technologies, such as the three-way catalytic converter, which reduce harmful emissions. As a result, vehicles with BS4 engines are not compliant with the latest emissions regulations and are not allowed to be sold in certain countries.
How to know BS3 or BS4 engine ?
To determine if a car has a BS3 or BS4 engine, you will need to look at the engine code. The engine code will be located on a label or sticker either on the engine itself or in the vehicle’s glove compartment or under the hood. The engine code will indicate the type of engine, the year it was produced, and the engine capacity. The engine code for a BS3 engine will start with the letters ‘BS3’, and the engine code for a BS4 engine will start with the letters ‘BS4’.
BS3 vs BS4 mileage
BS3 engines typically offer lower fuel efficiency than BS4 engines, due to their outdated design and technology.
BS4 engines are designed with more efficient combustion, improved materials and better fuel management, resulting in higher fuel efficiency.
Which is better BS4 or BS3?
This is largely a matter of opinion and personal preference. The BS4 engine is more fuel-efficient and has lower emissions than the BS3 engine, so it may be a better choice for those looking for a more environmentally friendly vehicle.
the BS3 engine is typically less expensive and may be a better option for those on a budget. Ultimately, the best choice will depend on your individual needs and preferences.
Pollution Emission Norms (BS3 Vs. BS4)
The primary difference between BS3 and BS4 engines is the amount of pollutants they emit. BS3 engines are equipped with less efficient exhaust systems, which produce higher levels of pollutants than BS4 engines. BS3 engines produce more hydrocarbons, carbon monoxide, and particulate matter (PM) than BS4 engines. BS4 engines are equipped with more advanced catalytic converters and other technology, which reduce the amount of pollutants released into the environment.
Can we convert BS3 to BS4?
Yes, you can convert Bootstrap 3 (BS3) to Bootstrap 4 (BS4). The process is not overly complicated and there are several online tools available to help you with the conversion.
Read Also: How to Make Money on Instagram in 2023